Friday, 24 February 2017

Final year student gets back in the swing of things in Leongatha

Susan Lee is doing a surgical rotation at Leongatha hospital
My name is Susan, and I’m a fifth year student doing my surgical rotation at Leongatha Hospital.

I was really nervous about starting this rotation – I’d taken two years off from medicine after fourth year, so I knew I’d be quite rusty. Fortunately, Leongatha has been such a wonderful place for me to get back into the swing of things. Everyone has been so welcoming and encouraging - staff are willing to teach, and patients are happy to give me a chance to learn.

The amount of hands-on experience I’ve had in the three weeks I’ve been here has been phenomenal, from assisting in surgeries, or cannulating and suturing, to seeing patients in the GP clinic.

To top it all off, there’s the gorgeous Gippsland beaches and scenery to soak in at the end of the day. The only downside of this rotation has been my cooking - but I’m working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment